We have three different delivery options for receiving money:
- Cash pickup
- Bank deposit
- Courier delivery
A transfer usually takes anywhere from 15 minutes to 4 working days. This depends on the payment method you are using to fund your TEMPO account, and the country of your beneficiary.
1. With cash pick up delivery, the transfer is available for pick-up on the same day.
2. With bank deposit delivery, the payment arrives in 1 to 4 days. This depends on the country and bank of the beneficiary. Generally, the money can be paid out on the same day.
If your transfer is delayed for compliance or regulations-related reasons, it may be put on hold until you have sent us more information about the transfer. Please keep in mind that we are required by law to perform these checks, although we try to speed them up as much as possible.
Please contact us if you have been notified by email that this is the case, or if you would like to verify your account in advance.
To pick up cash at one of our 105 000+ partner locations in 55 countries worldwide, all your beneficiary needs is a valid government issued photo ID or passport, and the order number found on their receipt.
We offer bank deposits to most major banks worldwide. You will need to know your beneficiary's bank account details, account holder's name, account number, IBAN, BIC and/or routing number.
In a select few countries, your money can actually be delivered right to your beneficiary’s home or office via Courier Delivery:
- The Philippines
- Dominican Republic
Tempo will notify you via e-mail or SMS when any changes whatsoever are made to your order including when your beneficiary receives the transfer. Here are a few examples:
1. Transaction Paid: TEMPO will send you an e-mail or SMS when your beneficiary has collected his or her money or once the transfer is ready for bank deposit.
2. Order Cancellation: There are several reasons why a transaction may be cancelled. These include a cancellation at the customer's, incorrect account details, or the time limit to pick up the funds has expired. If your order is cancelled for any reason, we will notify you right away.
1. Unpaid Order: If your transaction is not paid out, we will notify you right away. Your security is our no. 1 priority, hence, in this case, we ask that you give us a call to answer a couple of questions so that we can process the transaction. Please note, if your transaction is not paid for a variety of reasons, we call the beneficiary to find out the reason for the delay.
If you have any questions, you are always welcome to contact us.
In most countries where cash pick-up is available, your beneficiary can collect money from any branch of the paying company that you choose. For example, if you send money to Metro Bank in the Philippines, the money will be available for pick-up at any branch of Metro.
For countries that use the “Contact System”, the money can be collected at any pick-up location we offer. This includes Armenia, Belarus, Estonia, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
In certain countries, the status is updated to ‘Paid out’ to confirm that the money has been received but isn’t necessarily yet available in the account yet. The sender has between 1-3 days to make the funds available in the beneficiary’s account.
If 1-3 days have passed and the money still isn’t in the beneficiary’s account, please get in contact with the TEMPO Support Center.